I adapted this recipe from: http://fabtasticeats.com/2013/01/31/roasted-tomatillo-and-avocado-salsa-verde/
- 4 Tomatillos husked, rinsed, and quarters
- 1/2 Jalapenos, chopped, seeds removed
- 1 small yellow onion, quartered
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, seeded
- Juice of a lime
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp agave
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, toss on the tomatillos, jalapenos, onion, and garlic cloves.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Toss to fully coat
- Pop in the oven for about 10 minutes, until everything starts to look tender and golden brown
- Cool for about five minutes before transferring everything to a food processor.
- Add in the cumin, cilantro, avocado, salt, agave and lime juice.
- Pulse until well blended.
- Place in the fridge until completely cooled.
- Serve with tortilla chips or top those tacos!